Goal BallFor youth who are visually impaired or blind
An Introduction to Goal Ball!
The Lighthouse for the Blind offers a Goalball program for youth that are visually impaired and blind , 8-18 years old. Participants must be willing and able to participate in a team sport. Goalball is a game developed for athletes with visual impairments, played using a ball with bells inside that can be tracked by the sound it makes. All participants will be required to wear a blindfold.
Children that are advised not to participate in contacts sports due to risk of injury should not apply.
Goalball is FREE! Just come and have some fun! We ask that you attend each session as we only accept a limited number of players. Parents and family members are invited to attend each session.
- The dates for 2019 goalball practice are: Saturday, October 19, Saturday, October 26, Saturday, November 9, Saturday, November 16 and Saturday, November 23.
- All practice sessions will be from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- All practices will be held at Missouri School for the Blind in the gymnasium located at 3815 Magnolia Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63110.
- All participants must have their own transportation to and from Missouri School for the Blind.
We must have a minimum of 6 to play and will accept a maximum of 12 kids. We will accept applications on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Applications are due no later than: October 13, 2019
- Complete the Goalball Application 2019
- This application is fillable and does not need to be printed. Complete and save the application and email to email@example.com
- You will receive a confirmation email after the application is received. If you do not receive confirmation after submitting the application, contact Angie Yorke ASAP.
*Sponsored by Missouri School for the Blind