Low Vision Aid ProgramAdaptive Equipment for Adults
The Low Vision Aid Program (LVAP) is a need based program for ADULTS wanting to obtain financial assistance to purchase a CCTV, magnifying lamp or handheld video magnifier.
To Apply For This Program You Must:
- Have completed a low vision evaluation from participating doctors (call for list).
- Obtain and complete an application and return to Lighthouse for the Blind.
- Participating doctor must complete the Adaptive Recommendation form and return it to Lighthouse for the Blind.
If you meet the financial requirements to participate in this program:
- You will be notified by the Lighthouse for the Blind that you have qualified.
- You will receive a either a full financial grant or a percentage stipend toward the purchase of the recommended equipment.
- If required, you may be asked to pay a portion of the payment to the Lighthouse for the Blind in full before the equipment is ordered.
- After payment is received, the equipment will be ordered and delivered to your home.
- Contact Angie Yorke to receive information as to the participating doctors and how to obtain an application.
If you qualify for and participate in the Low Vision Aid Program, you are also eligible to receive in-home training on the equipment through our LOW VISION TRAINING PROGRAM. Please call 800.542.3697 for further details.